Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easy Scanning with the HoverCam T3!

I believe it was last year that I shared with you all an amazing company/product called HoverCam. Recently I had the opportunity to try another HoverCam; the HoverCam T3 model. It is absolutely amazing!

The HoverCam T3 is called a high resolution document camera, but in reality it is so much more. Set-up is extremely easy. I'm rearranging my "office cubicle" (it's really just a small corner with my desk set up) so I actually tried this out on my bedroom floor first. 

The T3 is a compact little piece that would easily fit into a suitcase, briefcase, or travel bag. This is a big plus for me; with all the traveling I do, finding a scanner can be difficult. Now I don't have to worry about that; I can just pack the T3 along, and do anything I need to with my own equipment.

Another plus is that the T3 works with both PC and Mac. The program is easy to install, and gives you access to all the T3's great features. You can scan a document, take pictures of a 3D object, zoom in or out, and even record video with the T3! You can rotate the picture a full 360 degrees, crop pictures, and annotate if necessary. 

The camera has some nifty features, including a goose-neck design. This means that you don't need to reposition your document if you lower the camera head. This is designed so that as the actual camera piece is lowered, it moves further away from the base-requiring absolutely no fussing with whatever you're trying to get a picture/scan of! It also has a built-in light that you can switch on and off. If you're in a low light area, simply flip the switch and a light shines directly onto your document. 

I really had some fun trying out different options with the T3. I scanned a document that I needed to send in to a company I have been working with. (The quality was superb and all the handwriting was legible). I snapped some photos of a product I was posting a review of. I played with the zoom and crop options. Honestly, the possibilities are endless, and spending 35-40 minutes trying it out only serves to let you see how much more you can do with a HoverCam! I'm still exploring all I can do, but in the meantime I am most excited about being able to bring a scanner with me on trips-without needing a whole other suitcase! Seriously, this even fits in my overnight/weekender bag and leaves plenty of room for my clothing.

If you travel a lot, have a home business, are a teacher, or even homeschool, a HoverCam is exactly what you need. Go check them out, and you'll see that I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment