I recently had the opportunity to review the new Nokia Lumia 900. The Lumia 900 belongs to that category of phones known as smartphones...and after a few weeks of use, I can see why! Basically, whatever you need from your electronic device, the Lumia can do. I am honestly amazed at all the apps, tools, and uses for this little (just over 4 inches) device.
|It also came with a green case :)|
Because a description of the Nokia Lumia could last several pages, I'll just share some of the highlights (for me) and then include some specs from Nokia. So, here goes:
1. The Nokia Lumia 900 is, after all, a phone. I received great reception, even in some areas that have pretty spotty pickup. The audio is clear and loud; with a volume limit of 30, you don't have to worry about being able to hear the conversation.
2. With a 16GB drive, you have plenty of room for music, videos and photos. I loaded mine with my "Exercise" playlist, and now bring the Lumia along on my 2-mile aerobic walks every morning. This means one less item to carry, and gives me the ability to use my bluetooth headphones for listening...and if I get a phone call, it's easy to swap over to the call.
3. I never have to worry about packing my camera, as the Lumia 900 has an 8MP rear-facing camera (with flash!) and a 1MP front-facing camera for video chatting, etc. While it's obviously not a DSLR, the camera does capture great shots, both indoor and out. I also love having the flash for those dark night shots!
|Sunset shot taken with the Lumia 900|
|Also works great for close-up shots! (Apple cinnamon crepes :)|
4. I love the 4G capability of the Lumia 900! I can check my email while I'm out shopping, navigate my way to an unfamiliar address, or post updates on Facebook while sitting at a restaurant. The maps/navigating is a huge help, as I do a lot of traveling!
5. The organizing tools are amazing! I can set alarms for certain days of the week, weekends, or weekdays. I can keep track of upcoming events, meetings, and appointments. I can calculate and budget with the Lumia 900, and keep track of finances. This is literally a 1-stop organizing station!
6. The games available for the phone are great for keeping the kids occupied during long drives, or wait times at various places. A couple weeks ago we ended up sitting around for an hour waiting for something, and the children happily played Shuffle Party, Chess and Ball Maze. I didn't hear one comment about the lengthy wait!
These are just a few of the reasons that I love the Nokia Lumia 900! It's available in 4 colors, so you can choose whatever suits your style. Before we get to the giveaway, I'll share some of the stats...for more detailed information, visit the Nokia website.
8MP auto-focus camera, which makes every picture super sharp and detailed.
· Available in black, white, cyan, and, for a limited time, pink.
· 4.3" AMOLED ClearBlack glass touchscreen, one-piece polycarbonate body, excellent antenna performance.
· Built for speed and Internet with 1.4 GHz processor, 4G LTE, Bing, Internet Explorer 9, HTML5, and Wi-Fi.
· Voice activation can be used to make calls, check calendars, dictate a text or even search online.
· The People Hub allows users to see “What’s New.” Whether it’s the latest Tweets or what’s happening on Facebook, users can filter information by the contact or the social media account they want to see updates from.
· All day battery life, up to 7 hours talk time.
· Nokia Drive gives users a traffic report an hour before the leave home or the office.
· Great back to school aps, including Flashcards, Dictionary.com, Amazon Kindle, Smartboard Calculator Free, BoxFiles for Dropbox, and Power Planner Free.
Nokia is giving one of my readers a Nokia Lumia 900!!
(Color based on availability. Must have or be willing to change to AT&T phone service).
a Rafflecopter giveaway