Okay, so I will never be a truck driver for various reasons, but I have to admit-there are times when truck driver jobs sound like a fun idea. When traveling on an interstate surrounded by semis, or stopping to refuel at a truck stop, sometimes strange thoughts go through your head-especially when it's 2:00 in the morning and you're the only person awake! So, I finally decided to sit down and list 5 reasons why I think truck driving would make for an interesting job.
1. You get to travel. In our family, I am the first one to plan a road trip, and I love traveling. There's something about driving to new places, or maybe revisiting favorite spots from previous trips. Good friends or family in the car, good music playing, and a cooler full of snacks, for me at least, equals good times!
2. Truck drivers get to see different parts of the country. Another reason I love traveling, too :) Heading out to new places, getting to see the mountain ranges of Colorado, the ocean view along the east coast, or maybe a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty in NYC. Truck drivers get to do all this while making money!
3. Truck driving would give you a chance to spend quality time with a family member. I know a few truck drivers, and they have commented on how they enjoy bringing a child or even their wife along on shorter trips. This would be wonderful for some one-on-one time with family!
4. It's the perfect set-up. I've only seen inside one or two truck cabs, but they looked pretty nice. I know it gets cramped after hours and hours on the road, but to me, having a spacious cab with a cooler or small fridge, a small bed...this is the perfect way to travel!
5. Good money and hours. I know, I know. Truck drivers put in long hours, and sometimes spend days away from their families. However, they also usually get some good time off, so it does work out in the end. Rather than working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week, you'd have a couple days off to relax, have family time, and get things done around the house.
These are just a few reasons I came up with recently; if you think truck driving would be a good job, please leave a comment!
This is a sponsored post for MTS Driver Recruiters, however, all the points and views are my own.