As I get older, life seems to get busier and busier. Technology gives us easier ways to accomplish our duties, yet we still never have enough time in the day. (At least I don't :) SocialMoms and Seattle's Best Coffee are teaming up together to introduce the new cans of Iced Latte, so let me share some tips (besides getting your iced latte from a can) to make your life easier while on the go!
1. Plan ahead. Scheduling your day will give you an idea of what needs done, and how long it will take. This way you don't waste time deciding what you should do first, etc.
2. Start early. I try to be up and on the go between 6:30-7:00 every morning, and I get so much more done! That extra half hour in the morning seems like so much more!
3. Plan your errands, etc. for less busy driving times. Don't try driving into town during rush hour; you'll only waste precious time sitting in traffic!
4. Do your shopping online! I absolutely love all the shopping capabilities we have at home now. No lines, no items that are out of stock-you can pretty much find what you need somewhere online!
5. When you do have to shop, do it at odd times. Early morning, late at night-you'll have less people in the store, less lines, and a much easier time!
6. Take advantage of technology! Use your cellphone as a day planner, take notes on your iPod, text your husband with your grocery list instead of taking the extra time to call...the possibilities are endless! I am the "geek" in our family and I love sharing ideas with everyone else on how to get the most out of their tech tools.
7. Plan meals in advance, and schedule fast-prep meals for busy days. And use that crock-pot; they are so handy! I love tossing in a roast, letting it cook all day and having a nice hot meal without really putting much time into it :)
8. Keep your kitchen stocked with ready-to-go snacks and beverages. It is so much easier to grab a drink or give the kids a snack if you have prepackaged individual servings! Or, if you buy in bulk (like we do) separate the foods into single-size serving baggies! BTW, this is a good time to mention the Seattle's Best Iced Lattes-in cans! I love iced coffee drinks (lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, etc), but sometimes I just don't have the time to make it. I am so looking forward to trying the Seattle's Best Iced Latte in a can! I like to have an iced coffee on my way to the YMCA in the mornings, but don't always have time to make it. I am really looking forward to trying these out; what a time saver!
9. Don't try to do everything at once. This sounds strange, but it usually works better for me if I take 15 minutes to organize the kitchen, 10 minutes to load the dishwasher, then move on to the next room. Don't move back and forth from the kitchen to your bedroom to the bathroom...stay in one place and get it done!
10. Take 10 minutes and relax! Don't use this time to plan, schedule, write or text...just take a few minutes to relax, and energize yourself! You'll get so much more done!
Got any hints about how you make your life easier? I'd love to hear them. Oh, and make sure you check out the Seattle's Best Iced Lattes-they're on my list for the next grocery shopping trip!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.