With spring cleaning in full swing, I'm sure-if you're anything like me-that you have stacks upon stacks of paperwork that needs disposed of in a safe manner. Well, Fellowes is here to help! I was sent the P-12C Shredder for review, and it is a very handy tool for organizing around the house, by making sure all personal and confidential papers are taken are of properly. The Fellowes P-12C Shredder shreds documents into nearly 400 particles, with a cross-cut technology. One of my favorite features (especially with children in the house) is the SafeSense, which automatically shuts off the shredder when hands get too close! This gives extra peace of mind with the young ones around. The machine works great, and is the perfect tool to safely dispose of personal information documents. Bank statements, or anything that could contribute to identity theft-this is the perfect way to stay safe!
The P-12C Shredder features a 4-gallon bin that pulls out for easy disposal. It shreds everything from simple paper (up to 12 sheets at a time) to credit cards, paper clips and staples!
Fellowes and the Identity Theft Resource Center shared some tips for my readers to help with their spring cleaning:
- Fellowes, Inc. and the Identity Theft Resource Center recommend their top-5 tips for spring cleaning the home office:
- Begin with the Basics: Sort through the piles of paperwork on your desk and in your office drawers. Place them into two categories: ‘save’ and ‘shred.’
- Proper Storage: Organize the “save” pile into labeled folders and be sure to put anything confidential into a fire-proof lock box. The “shred” pile should be properly disposed of with a Cross-Cut shredder, such as a Fellowes P-12C*. Cross-Cut technology is an important feature for a shredder because it provides high security, destroying confidential information into unidentifiable pieces. Equally important are enhanced safety features, such as Fellowes’ SafeSense technology, which shuts the machine down when hands come too close to the paper opening.
- Get a Digital Makeover: Refresh your home office computer by deleting files you no longer use and backing-up important data onto an external hard drive. Clean out your inbox and change all passwords. Refreshing your computer is a good practice to follow throughout the year as well.
- Make Life Easier: Plan ahead by purchasing organizational tools for your desk, such as computer risers or file folder holders. This will help clear clutter from your desk top while keeping things within arms reach.
- Freshen Up: Get rid of dust and germs that easily build up on office equipment such as keyboards, telephones and cabinets. You’ll feel instantly more productive with a clean workspace."
One of my readers will win a Fellowes P-12C Shredder!!
Mandatory Entry-Go to Fellowes and tell me another product you could use in your home!